Make Your Vanatoo Speakers Wireless Speakers With Apple AE
Play Music Wirelessly Using the Apple Airport Express
You can push music wirelessly to your Transparent One speakers from your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook, Mac Pro, or Mac mini using the Apple Airport Express® and Apple AirPlay® technology. You can do also push music wirelessly to the Airport Express from a Windows PC running iTunes (see below).
There are two ways to connect the Airport Express to the Transparent One (T1) speakers.
- analog input
- optical input (higher sound quality)
Digital connections preserve the integrity of your music better because your music stays digital from its source to the digital amplifier, minimizing the number of times the music gets converted between analog and digital.
Note: Vanatoo recommends Airport Express Model No. A1264. The models newer than A1264 have dropouts on their optical output that make them incompatible with Vanatoo optical inputs. The analog output of the newer Airport Express models work as expected, and are compatible with Vanatoo speakers.
Apple’s Airport Express can be set up as its own network to hear music stored locally in your device, or you can connect up to your home network for listening to streaming music over the internet.
These instructions assume that the Airport Express device is already set up as you want it configured. You can configure your Airport Express using your iOS device, Mac or PC. For more information on how to set up your Airport Express, visit Apple’s website.
Connect the Airport Express to the Transparent One Active Speaker
- Plug the Airport Express into the convenient ‘AC OUT’ auxiliary power connector on the back of the T1 active speaker or into a nearby power outlet.
- Plug one end of a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo cable or TOSLINK® to mini TOSLINK® (3.5mm) into the audio mini-jack connection on the Airport Express.
- Plug the other end into the ‘ANALOG IN’ or ‘OPTICAL IN’ connector on the back of the T1 active speaker.
- Turn on the T1 active speaker.
On your iDevice
- Click on SETTINGS, then WI-FI.
- Select the same network as that of the Airport Express.
- Open your music app and select a song.
- Tap the AirPlay icon .This is located in the lower right corner of an iPhone or iPod.
- The iDevice will display a list of devices connected to the network. Select the Airport Express that is connected to the T1 speakers.
Note that the AirPlay button is in a different location if you are using an iPad.
Using iTunes on a PC or Mac.
You can also push music from iTunes running on any computer that is connected to the same network. Click on the AirPlay icon in the lower right corner of the iTunes window and select the Airport Express that is connected to the T1.