Connecting To A Sonos Connect (Formerly The ZonePlayer 90)
You can choose one of three ways to connect a Sonos® Connect ® to Transparent One (T1) speakers.
- analog (good connection)
- coax (digital- better connection)
- optical (digital- better connection)
Digital connections (coax and optical) preserve the integrity of your music better because your music stays digital from the music source, through the Sonos Connect, and on to the final stage of the T1’s digital amplifier. This minimizes the number of times the music gets converted between analog and digital for better audio performance.
TIP: The ‘AC OUT’ auxiliary power output connection on the back of the T1 active speaker can be used as a power source for the SonosConnect device.
- Connect the two ends of the 3.5 mm to “Y” RCA cable (one came with your speakers) into the two RCA output connectors on the Sonos Connect device.
- Plug the 3.5mm end of the cable into the ‘ANALOG IN’ connection on the T1 active speaker.
- Connect one end of a 75-Ohm Digital Coax RCA cable (has RCA type connectors) to the Sonos Connect Coax output.
- Connect the other end to the ‘DIGITAL COAX IN’ connector on the T1 active speaker.
- You will need a TOSLINK® optical cable.
- Connect one end of a TOSLINK® optical cable to the Sonos Connect optical output connector.
- Connect the other end to the ‘OPTICAL IN’ connection on the T1 active speaker.