Connect Vanatoo Powered Speakers to an Apple iOS Device Directly
Vanatoo Class D Amplifiers
There are two ways to connect an Apple iOS device to the Transparent Series speakers.
- analog (good connection)
- USB (requires additional hardware)(best connection)
Digital connections (USB) preserve the integrity of your music better because your music stays digital from its source to the digital amplifier, minimizing the number of times the music gets converted between analog and digital.
- Connect one end of a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo cable into headphone port (i.e. audio out) on the Apple® device.
- Connect the other end into the ‘ANALOG IN’ connector on the back of the active speaker.
- Note that some iOS devices have only a Lightning connector. For those devices you will need to use a Lightning to Analog converter which is usually provided with those devices.
- To connect an iOS device to the Vanatoo powered speakers using USB you need to add a Lightning to USB converter called the Apple Camera Adapter. Consult Apple for connection details.