Connecting to a Sonos Connect
Connecting To A Sonos Connect (Formerly The ZonePlayer 90)
You can choose one of three ways to connect a Sonos® Connect ® to the Vanatoo Transparent Series speakers.
- analog (good connection)
- coax (better connection)
- optical (best connection)
Digital connections (coax and optical) preserve the integrity of your music better because your music stays digital from the music source, through the Sonos Connect, and on to the final stage of the Vanatoo amplifier. This minimizes the number of times the music gets converted between analog and digital for better audio performance.
- Connect the two ends of the 3.5 mm to “Y” RCA cable (one came with your speakers) into the two RCA output connectors on the Sonos Connect device.
- Plug the 3.5mm end of the cable into the ‘ANALOG IN’ connection on the active speaker.
- Connect one end of a 75-Ohm Digital Coax RCA cable (has RCA type connectors) to the Sonos Connect Coax output.
- Connect the other end to the ‘DIGITAL COAX IN’ connector on the active speaker.
- You will need a TOSLINK® optical cable.
- Connect one end of a TOSLINK® optical cable to the Sonos Connect optical output connector.
- Connect the other end to the ‘OPTICAL IN’ connection on the active speaker.