Connect Vanatoo Powered Speakers to a TV Directly
Connect Your Flat Screen TV Directly To Vanatoo Powered Speakers
While every TV model is different, most provide a means to connect to a set of powered speakers. If your TV does not provide the connections or settings shown below then send us the information on your TV's make and model to firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases we will be able to give you advice how to connect to the Vanatoo powered speakers.
There are two ways to directly connect your Vanatoo speakers to a TV. Most TVs will have one of the two following ways to connect.
- analog (good connection)
- optical (best connection)
- Depending on the TV’s analog output connection, you will need either a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo cable or 3.5 mm to “Y” RCA cable. Consult the Owner’s Guide for the TV if you have difficulty determining the correct cable.
- Connect the cable to the ‘analog out’ connection on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the analog in connection on the back of the active speaker.
- If your TV supports variable analog output then using the menu function on the TV, set the audio output to ‘variable’. This lets you use your TV remote to control the TV audio playing on the Vanatoo speakers. If your TV does not support variable analog output then just use your Vanatoo remote to control the volume.
- Connect one end of a TOSLINK® optical cable to the appropriate output connection on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the TOSLINK® cable to the optical in connection on the Vanatoo speaker.
- You will need to set the optical out settings for your TV to be PCM.
- Use the Vanatoo remote to control the volume of the Vanatoo speakers.